Child Life Practicum at AHK (next availability Fall 2018)
The Child Life Practicum provides students interested in entering the field of Child Life, a practicum opportunity to work with children of various developmental levels in a pediatric transitional and respite home-like facility while being supervised by a Certified Child Life Specialist.
- Coursework (minimum of 4 college level courses) in related field of Child Life such as family studies, child/human development, education, introduction to Child Life, etc. Must be completed or in the process of completing.
- A minimum of 50 hours of direct experience with well children (50 hours must be completed at time of application submission).
- A minimum of 50 hours of direct experience with sick children in the hospital setting (50 hours must be completed at time of application submission).
If you are interested in learning more about the program please contact Katie Kass at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline dates for the application process are:
– Fall 2018 application deadline: must be postmarked by July 13, 2018.
– Winter/Spring 2019: Postmarked by November 16, 2018
– Summer 2019: Postmarked by March 15, 2019