Night Shift RN Openings at Almost Home Kids (Naperville & Chicago)
General Summary of Position Responsibility
The Registered Nurse delivers patient care in a home-like setting by performing patient assessments and documenting medical histories and vital signs. This role utilizes the nursing process and performs responsibilities in five areas of nursing practice: clinician, clinical inquiry, teacher, professional development and leadership. Responsibilities also include patient/family education and instruction during visits, performing telephone triage and other activities as assigned. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of neonatal, pediatrics, adolescent and adult patients in regard to their growth and development process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs nursing assessments utilizing a variety of assessment methods and/or area-specific tools.
- Individualizes existing plans of care and develops goals relative to family needs. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan.
- Develops or individualizes teaching plans/protocols to meet patient and family learning needs. Identifies patient preferences and needs including motivation to learn. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan whether that be in the Electronic Medical Record or in the paper chart.
- Performs nursing care according to procedures/protocols. Anticipates impending emergent situations and intervenes effectively.
- Communicates with the family and members of the multidisciplinary team to identify health care needs. Communicates changes in patient status. Utilizes appropriate resources for referral or consultations.
- Keeps up to date in nursing practice by utilizing current nursing and healthcare literature for information and problem solving.
- Incorporates current hospital and departmental quality initiatives into daily activities.
- Adheres to communication, service excellence and professional image standards that support the hospital mission and philosophy.
- Identifies learning needs and seeks resources to advance nursing practice and achieve professional goals.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois and CPR/BLS certification required.
- At least 1 year nursing experience required, but pediatrics preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patient/families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills required.
There are night shift positions available at both sites (Naperville and Chicago). Please contact Amy Galetti, Director of Nursing, for more information or to apply: AGaletti@luriechildrens.org or click here