Happy First Birthday, Almost Home Kids at OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois!!!
During our first year Almost Home Kids in Peoria reached many milestones!
- Completed 10 Transitional Care patient admissions
- Discharged to home / hospital 5 Transitional Care patients
- Accomplished 13 different Respite Care admissions & discharges
- Achieved a 100% overall parent satisfaction scores for clinical care services and training
- Received nearly 400 hours of volunteer support
- Received donations from 33 different 3rd party events/donation drives
The first year celebrations kicked off with staff and Almost Home Kids families enjoying a cookout on the patio, complete with a photo booth!
Thank you to Michael Fleming and Keith Hubble of Thrivent Financial for generously donating food for the cookout and wish list items through Thrivent’s Community Action Funding. The supplies donated will go a long way to benefit children and families in Central Illinois as they prepare to transition home.
Our birthday cake was donated by Hy-Vee on Orange Prairie, thank you Hy-Vee!