We have an awesome new opening at Almost Home Kids!
Development Coordinator Job Description
The Development Coordinator would serve as point person for AHK fundraising and special events, database management, as well as, communications and digital-communications by performing the following functions:
- Plans and coordinates special events, facility’s fundraisers and supports events of the Young Associates Board of AHK (examples currently include two annual galas, golf marathon, Parties with a Purpose, campaign events, etc.).
- Secures and coordinates sponsorships, silent auction items for events, as well as, collaborates on mailing lists internally and externally.
- Administers and manages Raiser’s Edge database, enters gifts, coordinates acknowledgements, adds and facilitates entry of new records. Maintains accuracy, prepares reports, assists Development Director in implementing strategies through segmentation. Prepares accurate donor recognition and other lists.
- Implements electronic fundraising appeals through Online Express and other mailings in connection with annual and special event campaigns, working with mail house, post office and other vendors; track results.
- Provides support to Director of Development and Director of Marketing & Communications in preparing for and following up on President’s Council and Event committee meetings. This includes organizing PC and Event Committee meetings, preparing minutes, booking donor appointments, including preparing for and following up on meetings.
- Builds and maintains electronic database to support Internet fundraising and e-mail communications.
- Takes lead initiative to design and layout newsletters 4 to 6 times per year with collaboration from Development and clinical staff members.
- Coordinate and create legislative and clinical status card production on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates records with finance department and Community Outreach coordinator, including monthly reconciliation and integration of donor and volunteer records.
- Demonstrates a great enthusiasm for the mission and attends networking events as requested.
- Works independently with limited guidance and direction.
- Perform other duties as required to accomplish the mission of the Development and marketing & Communications Department and Almost Home Kids.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience required.
- Experience working closely with professional, donor or client constituent groups vital.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT or other similar software.
- Java script/HTML editing knowledge preferred.
- A strong command of the English language and the ability to compose, edit and proof written language and to communicate effectively on a verbal level.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities essential.
- The Development Coordinator should have qualities of integrity, industry, and curiosity. They must have an energy level that ensures high quality productivity on a timely basis. They must be capable of exercising good judgment and confidentiality in dealing with volunteers, donors, and staff and must have patience and understanding of the needs of others.
- They must be independent, accurate, and reliable. Must be able to perform effectively under the pressure of demanding deadlines, and work with limited supervision/instruction. In addition, he or she must be able to make decisions quickly and react in an appropriate manner to solve problems.
- A team attitude is necessary to work with internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented environment required.
- Duties as assigned.