The approaching New Year brings energy to the work we do. It is in this spirit of renewal that we reflect on our progress and reaffirm our commitment to providing excellent community-based care.
Our performance shows that we have an innovative model that successfully prepares families for life together in the community. In FY 2019, Almost Home Kids:
- Provided transitional care for 100 children, respite care for 48 children and training for over 270 parents/caregivers
- All children at AHK for transitional care and respite care received physical and speech therapy
- Celebrated our 20-year anniversary
- AHK at OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois in Peoria celebrated a very successful 1-year anniversary
- Over 80 engaged community, civic and corporate groups collected and donated much needed in-kind items from our wish list
- Continued our efforts to bring our model of healthcare to multiple states and children’s medical centers around the country
- Added video chat to allow families to remotely attend important meetings regarding their child’s health
- And much more!
Here is our Annual Report for 2019.
Thank you for your dedication to our mission of providing a bridge from hospital to home for children with medical complexities.
Deborah A. Grisko
President & Executive Director
P.S. If you haven’t had a chance to make your final gift in 2019, please consider including Almost Home Kids.