We are looking for dynamic nursing professionals like you to add to our healthcare team. We are interested in experienced Registered Nurses who courageously approach, and positivity impact the children in our care every day.
The purpose is to assist providers in delivering patient care in a home like setting by performing patient assessments and documenting medical histories and vital signs. This role utilizes the nursing process and performs responsibilities in five areas of nursing practice: clinician, clinical inquiry, teacher, professional development and leadership responsibilities also include patient/family education and instruction during visits, performing telephone triage and other activities as assigned. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of neonatal, pediatrics, adolescent and adult patients in regard to their growth and development process
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs nursing assessments utilizing a variety of assessment methods and/or area-specific tools.
2. Individualizes existing plans of care and develops goals relative to family needs. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan.
3. Develops or individualizes teaching plans/protocols to meet patient and family learning needs. Identifies patient preferences and needs including motivation to learn. Evaluates and documents changes to the pan, whether that be in the, Electronic Medical Record or in the paper chart.
4. Performs nursing care according to procedures/protocols. Anticipates impending emergent situations and intervenes effectively.
5. Communicates with the family and members of the multidisciplinary team to identify health care needs. Communicates changes in patient status. Utilizes appropriate resources for referral or consultations.
6. Keeps up to date in nursing practice by utilizing current nursing and healthcare literature for information and problem solving.
7. incorporates current hospital and departmental quality initiatives into daily activities.
8. Adheres to communication, service excellence and professional image standards that support the hospital mission and philosophy
9. Identifies learning needs and seeks resources to advance nursing practice· and achieve professional goals.
10. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
2. Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Illinois.
3. CPR certification required.
4. Ability to effectively communicate with patient/families, physicians and hospital staff.
5. Basic computer skills required
Online application required. Please visit our job opportunity website to official apply (search for “Almost Home Kids”: https://careers.luriechildrens.org (link opens in a new window)